CLIENT: CNN International, Cannes Lions Festival
MY INVOLVEMENT: Creative Designer, Art Direction
- Full Involvement from initial pitch work to the end product
- Managing a small group of designers through the research and ideation stages
- Working first hand with a freelance illustrator to create final artwork
- Co-ordinating daily reviews with the Creative Director and the design team throughout the overall design process
- Keeping key contact with external printers
- Artworking final designs and packaging up ready for print
We were asked to get creative on the eight pillars in the Grand Auditorium of the Cannes Lions Festival to promote CNN's sponsorship of the event. The big idea was to inspire festival goers to learn more about a few of the key speakers through a typographical execution. Each speaker had a sea of buzzwords illustrating how they made it within their industry. These words were styled around a look and feel unique to each speaker's brand/company. Amongst the 12,000 delegates and the hundreds of thousands of attendees, the pillars were created to promote the 'gothere' campaign for CNN International.
Not only were the pillars created to promote the CNN 'gothere' campaign, the artwork was also featured across the festival programme, information booklets and bespoke A1 souvenir posters.